In 2015 URI had become the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the legendary, all-steel, multi-purpose vehicle, which can divert from commercial to mining use, with the capability and capacity to cater for numerous industries.
The URI Vehicle originated in Namibia by Ewert Smith in 1995. His innovative design made headlines, as many sectors of the industry wanted a robust vehicle, which was compatible for multi-purpose and robust terrains.
Andre Squire and Raymond Squire whom had vast experience in the trackless mining industry purchased over all intellectual property in 2015 and URI was established.
General Manager & Product Specialist (Owner)
Production Manager (Owner)
Is to increase in value, especially in the value of vehicle development ,profitability, availability and efficiency in the production sector for our clients.
Utilizing the following:
- Our motivation is to provide our clients with the best quality in engineering and development to satisfy their needs.
- Low-cost effective services.
- Our vehicle will provide: robustness, versatility, and maintenance friendly cost-saving efficiency
- Access to highly qualified multi-skilled artisans.
- Our exceptional success in all our projects to date highlights our fundamental belief, that sound excellent Leadership, and Management, sustainable quality effectiveness.
Vision & Mission
A brief history of us and our plans for the future
- “To become a market leader in supplying a vehicle which lasts in the commercial and mining industries”
- “To provide the commercial and mining industry with an all-terrain robust vehicle”
- “To be the preferred supplier on the mining and commercial vehicle manufacturing and services industry”
- “To be an innovative vehicle manufacture in the commercial and mining industry”
- “To manufacture a reliable, cost-effective, robust and versatility mining and commercial vehicle with soundless client services”
• Nico Rossouw, Africa Trackless Consultant • Wimpy de Wet, Product Specialist, SA
Trade Reference – Sandvik Mining
• Thamaga Makua, LCM Engineer • Ronald Simango, TM3 Superintendent
Trade Reference – Lanxess Mine
• Piet Jacobs, Senior Engineer (Impala) • 20# - Maans Coetzee, Trackless Mining Engineer • 14# - Dennis Botha, TM3 Superintendent • 11c# - Frans Nel, Engineering Superintendent
Trade Reference – Impala Platinum Holdings
• Booysendale mine: Pieter Kriel, Shaft Engineering Manager
Trade Reference – Murray and Roberts